Annual Lottery Timeline for 2012-13 School Year
Magnet Programs, Small High Schools and High School Pathway
Lottery application period for 2012-13
- Applications for both program magnets and calendar magnets may be
submitted online. In addition, hardcopy applications may be
obtained from online, from all DPS schools, and the Office of Student
Assignment. Hardcopy applications may be submitted by fax, mail or hand
delivered to the Office of Student Assignment at 511 Cleveland St.,
Durham, NC 27702.
- Applications for Small High Schools may be obtained online, from
the respective school or the Office of Student Assignment. Once
completed, the application must be submitted to the Small High School
to which the student is applying.
- Applications for Pathway Programs may be obtained online, from the
middle and high school Career Development Counselors and the Office of
Student Assignment. Once completed, the application must be submitted
to the Career and Technology Office at 302 Morris St., Durham, NC
- Lotteries will be conducted on March 2, 2012.
- Families will receive notification letters by March 9,
2012, by the US Postal Service.
- The registration deadline for all lottery assignments at the
assigned school is March 23, 2012.
- Following the registration deadline, Student Assignment will
conduct subsequent lotteries to fill declined lottery seats. When
selected, families will be notified by an assignment letter from the
Office of Student Assignment.
- There will not be a waiting list. Subsequent lotteries will be
conducted from the unassigned applicant pool to fill seats that are
declined from the March 2nd lottery.